Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Director Nick Cassavetes' upcoming movie


Director Nick Cassavetes' upcoming movie My Sister’s Keeper is about the struggles of a young mother and her sick daughter. Playing the mother is Hollywood actress Cameron Diaz, and his choice was criticized by many, because the actress is generally not associated with such serious roles. However, Nick asserts that critics will be surprised to see what an amazing performance she has rendered for the movie. Nick says, "Yes, she's never played a mother and she's playing a mother of three in this movie but that didn't scare me. I knew she was up for it. I'm more proud of her performance in the film than I am proud of many other things in my life."

Nick adds that Cameron’s role reminded him of his own strife because of his daughter's battle with heart problems. "When I was a young man, my second daughter was diagnosed with congenital heart disease when she was a week old. When I was young, the world was wide open before me and I was a happy guy. I didn't know anything about life and this illness from my daughter, Sasha, was temperance on my soul,” he said. Adding, "It was a learning experience. It was something I had to go through and she had to go through and we had to go through together, with her mother and the entire family. Cameron felt like who I was at that time."

From:english.galatta.com/entertainment/english

No comments:

Post a Comment