Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jamie Foxx apologizes to Miley Cyrus: 'I didn't mean it maliciously'


Jamie Foxx apologized Tuesday night on "The Tonight Show" for the rude remarks he made about Miley Cyrus on his Sirius radio show, "The Foxxhole," last weekend.

First, Foxx came armed with a bottle of Cristal to give to Jay Leno. Then he did a comedy routine about his pal P. Diddy and his treacherous birthday plane ride and accepted congrats for his song, "Blame it on the Alcohol," being the No. 1 song.

Then he does a few minutes of the song, which is about all the things -- including sleeping with people you don't know -- that you do when you're drunk. Hey, maybe that was behind the Miley Cyrus remarks

After Leno asked him about the controversial remarks, Foxx delivered this mea culpa.

“I so apologize, and this is sincere. I am a comedian, and you guys know that whatever I say, I don’t mean any of it. And sometimes, as comedians, as we do, we go a little bit too far.

"I have a radio show.… We’re really the black Howard Stern. We go at everybody. There was a situation with Miley Cyrus, and I just want to say, I apologize for what I said. I didn’t mean it maliciously. You know I’m a comedian. You know my heart.

"Miley, I apologize, so I’ll call you. I got a daughter too, so I completely understand.”

We can't excerpt his actual words here. But he and his radio pals -- after talking about Miley dissing Radiohead for not wanting to meet her -- made fun of Miley's gums, told her to "make a sex tape and grow up," do heroin, smoke crack and get a sexually transmitted disease from a bicycle seat. And we paraphrase.

BTW, notice that Foxx took much more time to talk about his Oscar-buzzed film, "The Soloist," and his role as a real-life schizophrenic musician, than he did to apologize to Miley.

Follow Dish Rag on Twitter and keep up with the stars!

More Jamie Foxx Dish.

From: latimesblogs.latimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment